War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Man on the Street Interviews about Cold War
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Washington, D.C. street scenes, pedestrians, street vendors, Farragut Square. Man on the street interviews with many people about the Soviet-American conflict, nuclear weapons, arms control, and what is worth fighting a war over.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Man on the Street Interviews about Cold War
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Farragut Square
- Soviet Union
- International relations
- Nuclear weapons
- United States
- Nuclear war
- Nuclear arms control
- Washington, DC
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Man on the Street Interviews about Cold War,” 04/05/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F4108190AC5D4110A70715ED3EB5D0FA.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Man on the Street Interviews about Cold War.” 04/05/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F4108190AC5D4110A70715ED3EB5D0FA>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Man on the Street Interviews about Cold War. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F4108190AC5D4110A70715ED3EB5D0FA