Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anglers, The
Anglers: Sustainable Seafood 16x9 Letterbox
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Anglers, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
THE ANGLERS EPISODE 32
Join us for a look at the fishing industry through the eyes of some of the world’s best seafood chefs and most forward-thinking fisherman. First, chef David Pasternack of Esca in New York City takes us fishing in the Long Island Sound. Next, we’ll travel to New Zealand, where a fisherman limits his catch of native Paua abalone to help guarantee the survival of this prized export. And in Italy, a traditional fisherman is changing his ways to ensure that there will still be seafood left in the future. Come travel the world to learn about the latest in sustainable fishing practices. And in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll show you what to look for when you buy seafood.
RECIPES Crudo Fluke with Sea Beans and Radishes Mixed Grilled Fish Skate with Grape and Cherry Tomato Compote
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anglers, The,” 04/10/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F409073986B24802B2CC2309AB4DB5A7.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anglers, The.” 04/10/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F409073986B24802B2CC2309AB4DB5A7>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anglers, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F409073986B24802B2CC2309AB4DB5A7