Evening at Pops; Old Timers Night
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Old Timers Night
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Wagner: Under the Double Eagle March Rossini: Overture to William tell Cohan: George M. Cohan Medley Carmichael: Stardust Pinkard: Here Comes the Showboat Muir: Wating for the Robert E. Lee Roemheld-Hayman: Ruby Offenbach-Hayman: Overture to Orpheus in Hades Miscellaneous: Song Fest Medley Ray/Prince: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Old Timers Night,” 04/07/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F390B5A484CF413589107C00DF328116.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Old Timers Night.” 04/07/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F390B5A484CF413589107C00DF328116>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Old Timers Night. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F390B5A484CF413589107C00DF328116