Jean Shepherd's America; Bourbon and Mayor Wilkes' Rocking Chair
NTW Dub of Original - 8/98
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jean Shepherd's America
- Bourbon and Mayor Wilkes' Rocking Chair
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
Spanish moss ... stately mansions ... a mint julep, fine cigar and the rocking chair on the veranda ... the best of the Old South comes to life when Jean Shepherd’s America pays a visit. But wait, what’s this about a peanut boil?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; Bourbon and Mayor Wilkes' Rocking Chair,” 11/04/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F35B1833676E4FE185FB667E5E6B7836.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; Bourbon and Mayor Wilkes' Rocking Chair.” 11/04/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F35B1833676E4FE185FB667E5E6B7836>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; Bourbon and Mayor Wilkes' Rocking Chair. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F35B1833676E4FE185FB667E5E6B7836