Ten O'Clock News; Tsongas speaks to O.N.E.
Alexandra Marks reports that Paul Tsongas addressed the members of the Organization for a New Equality (ONE) at a luncheon meeting. ONE is an organization committed to opening up new economic opportunities for minorities. The members of ONE welcomed Tsongas' pro-business, liberal agenda. Tsongas criticized the policies of George Bush in his speech and has accused him of promoting a racially divisive agenda. Tsongas is calling for a combination of tax incentives and government spending to revitalize inner-city neighborhoods. Interview with Robert Reich (professor, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University) about Tsongas' position on economic issues and education. Interview with Tsonga, who talks about the importance of education. Interviews with Dorchester residents Chico Joyner and Faries Odom about Tsongas.
- Ten O'Clock News
Tsongas speaks to O.N.E.
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tsongas, Paul
- Political campaigns
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1992
- Urban policy
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Race relations
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Tsongas, Paul (Speaker)
- Marks, Alexandra (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Tsongas speaks to O.N.E.,” 05/24/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F353B9B7F2BE4297A53159FD01D5DF6E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Tsongas speaks to O.N.E..” 05/24/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F353B9B7F2BE4297A53159FD01D5DF6E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Tsongas speaks to O.N.E.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F353B9B7F2BE4297A53159FD01D5DF6E