Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mr. Ruffman Goes To Washington
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Mr. Ruffman Goes To Washington
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
To his dismay, Ruff finds out that it's against the law for a dog to host a reality game show. Wanting to overturn it, Ruff decides to run for Local Dog Officer of Canine—Human Affairs—but he needs to know more about the job of an elected official! Through his canine connection with a dog named Splash, Ruff sends Sam to a high—level meeting with Senator Ted Kennedy. Meanwhile, Noël, Sammy and DJ are challenged to design a float for his campaign!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mr. Ruffman Goes To Washington,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F309B4AFDB414AF7B7327EC1A85C0B44.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mr. Ruffman Goes To Washington.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F309B4AFDB414AF7B7327EC1A85C0B44>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mr. Ruffman Goes To Washington. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F309B4AFDB414AF7B7327EC1A85C0B44