Mystery!; Poirot, Series VIII: Dumb Witness
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poirot, Series VIII: Dumb Witness
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
David Suchet returns as Agatha Christie's incomparable Belgian sleuth, Hercule Poirot, in two new mysteries. Hugh Fraser stars as Captain Hastings and Philip Jackson stars as Inspector Japp. "Dumb Witness"--Poirot and Hastings arrive at Lake Windermere to see Charles Arundel break the speed record in his boat, when the Tripp sisters tell Poirot they've had a supernatural warning that Charles' life is in danger. As they watch, there's an explosion on the boat, but Charles escapes unhurt. The sisters then warn that Emily, Charles' aunt, is in danger. That night Emily apparently slips on a dog's toy and falls down the stairs. Unhurt but afraid, she takes Poirot's advice and changes her will to protect herself. When she's found dead, Poirot puts his "little grey cells" to work to solve the case.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series VIII: Dumb Witness,” 10/31/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 8, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3050C3D5D3B43E49F20C78A6D90BA09.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series VIII: Dumb Witness.” 10/31/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 8, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3050C3D5D3B43E49F20C78A6D90BA09>.
- APA: Mystery!; Poirot, Series VIII: Dumb Witness. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3050C3D5D3B43E49F20C78A6D90BA09