Evening at Pops; Salute To The Music Of John Williams , A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Salute To The Music Of John Williams , A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
This special Evening At Pops celebrates the music of Pops conductor John Williams. Director Steven Spielberg introduces a tribute to the music of Williams and the Pops Orchestra performs themes from Spielberg's movies, including "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Jaws", "Close Encounters...", and "ET". Special guest Maureen McGovern sings a Gershwin tribute and "Can you Read My Mind?"
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Salute To The Music Of John Williams , A,” 06/25/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2FD68301D0649FCB53616E917401A86.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Salute To The Music Of John Williams , A.” 06/25/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2FD68301D0649FCB53616E917401A86>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Salute To The Music Of John Williams , A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2FD68301D0649FCB53616E917401A86