Ten O'Clock News; Boston Marathon
Final stretch and finish line of the Boston Marathon. Wheelchair competitors crossing finish line. Blimps in above the crowd. Announcer makes comments on how closer the leading runners are to each other. Runners cross finish line. Alberto Salazar and Dick Beardsley finish very close together, running the marathon faster than anyone had in the history of the race. Kevin White awards winner Alberto Salazar with medal and laurel wreath. Third place runner, John Lodwick, crosses finish line. Fourth place runner, Bill Rodgers, crosses finish line. Other runner cross finish line. Charlotte Teske, winner of the women's race of the Boston Marathon, awarded medal and laurel wreath. Women's second place runner, Jacqueline Gareau, crosses finish line. Glenda Manzi does several takes of reporter standup. Interview with Charlotte Teske.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- White, Kevin H.
- Beardsley, Dick
- Teske, Charlotte, 1949-
- Salazar, Alberto, 1958-
- Rodgers, Bill, 1947-
- People with disabilities
- Gareau, Kacqueline, 1953-
- Boston Marathon
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Manzi, Glenda (Reporter)
- Teske, Charlotte, 1949- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Boston Marathon,” 04/19/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2DC368382DF43509C486A16D740B0CB.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Boston Marathon.” 04/19/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2DC368382DF43509C486A16D740B0CB>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Boston Marathon. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2DC368382DF43509C486A16D740B0CB