Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Standing Mirror
APT HD Master Standing mirror with a road trip to Schurch Woodwork with guest Paul Schurch
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Standing Mirror
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Standing Mirror – Episode 07
The Standing Mirror in this episode of Rough Cut is one of Tommy’s favorite projects, due to its simple design augmented by Paul Schurch’s magnificent marquetry. On this episode’s Road Trip, Tommy visits Schurch’s studios in Santa Barbara, California, where Paul demonstrates basic marquetry.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Router Table Scroll Saw Bench Chisels Clamps
Field Trip: Schurch Woodwork (Paul Schurch, Owner), Santa Barbara, California
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Standing Mirror,” 09/30/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2C53C5A16624F61B14AA4C107DD09A2.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Standing Mirror.” 09/30/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2C53C5A16624F61B14AA4C107DD09A2>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Standing Mirror. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F2C53C5A16624F61B14AA4C107DD09A2