American Experience; Nixon; Edward Kennedy, lawyers against war
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Ted Kennedy addressing Lawyers Against the War: Medium close-up at podium: "At last the ultimate and cynical reality of our policy is beginning to dawn on the American people. The only possible excuse for continuing the discredited policy of Vietnamization and the war...President's intention to play his last card for peace closer to November 1972...to benefit the election campaign. How many more American soldiers must die? How many more innocent Vietnamese civilians die?" to end war in 1972 not 1971.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Edward Kennedy, lawyers against war
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- United States--Armed Forces
- United States--Politics and government
- Kennedy, Edward Moore, 1932-
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements United States
- Washington (D.C.)
- Lawyers--United States
- Washington, DC
- Kennedy, Edward Moore, 1932- (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Edward Kennedy, lawyers against war,” 06/07/1971, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F26E0DD0F5F5419AB3097C7DDAEF1E6C.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Edward Kennedy, lawyers against war.” 06/07/1971. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F26E0DD0F5F5419AB3097C7DDAEF1E6C>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Edward Kennedy, lawyers against war. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F26E0DD0F5F5419AB3097C7DDAEF1E6C