Antiques Roadshow; Tampa, FL
Hour 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Tampa, FL
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
404: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW begins its sojourn in Tampa, Florida,where host Chris Jussel visits Ybor City, once the center of the world's cigar industry, now a National Historic Landmark District. At the Tampa Convention Center, ANTIQUESROADSHOW experts uncover a bejeweled baseball cap, a valuable set of andirons and a magnificent Tiffany lamp.
405: Host Chris Jussel opens the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW from the Plant Museum in Tampa, Florida, once the resplendent, Moorish Revival-style Tampa Bay Hotel built by railroad tycoon Henry B. Plant in 1891. Appraisers at the Tampa Convention Center are delighted with the variety and quality of objects the public has brought, including a valuable toy clown, a distinctive clock and an elaborate metal bird sculpture.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Tampa, FL,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F23BA97DE33F4E5396873C80C57B29FA.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Tampa, FL.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F23BA97DE33F4E5396873C80C57B29FA>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Tampa, FL. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F23BA97DE33F4E5396873C80C57B29FA