Simply Ming; Garlic Ginger Scallion Stir Fry Sauce
Simply Ming Show 213K1, Garlic-Ginger-Scallion Stir Fry Sauce, Uncaptioned Master, TRT: 26:46
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Garlic Ginger Scallion Stir Fry Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Michael Lomonaco
Ming's easy Garlic-Ginger-Scallion Stir Fry Sauce features three tried and true flavors of Chinese cooking: ginger, garlic, and scallion. Adding this sauce to chicken, seafood, beef, or veggies creates a quick, healthy dinner that surpasses even your favorite Chinese takeout. First, Ming uses this superlative garlic-ginger sauce on Bok Choy, and then prepares Prince Edward Island Mussels with Sweet Chinese Sausage. To see just how to choose the freshest mussels, Ming heads to Legal Seafood's quality assurance lab in Boston, Massachusetts to discuss the process with their CEO Roger Berkowitz and lab head Stephen Martinello. Back in the studio, Ming prepares a mouthwatering dish of Chicken and Maitake Mushroom Stir-Fry. Then, chef Michael Lomonaco joins Ming, preparing a Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breast with Garlic-Ginger-Scallion Vegetable Stir Fry.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Garlic Ginger Scallion Stir Fry Sauce,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1E549A166834854A7878A16C50C7E26.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Garlic Ginger Scallion Stir Fry Sauce.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1E549A166834854A7878A16C50C7E26>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Garlic Ginger Scallion Stir Fry Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1E549A166834854A7878A16C50C7E26