NOVA; Trial of Denton Cooley, The
Approximate date: 1978
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Trial of Denton Cooley, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered March 1974 NOVA is a general-interest documentary series that addresses a single science issue each week. Billed as "science adventures for curious grown-ups" when it first aired in March, 1974, NOVA continues to offer an informative and entertaining approach to a challenging subject. 1996 marked NOVA's 23rd season, which makes it the longest-running science program on national television. It is also one of television's most acclaimed series, having won every major television award, most of them many times over. Series release date: 3/3/1974
- Program Description
In a dramatic docudrama, NOVA reconstructs the controversial lawsuit raised against renowned heart surgeon Dr. Denton Cooley when one of his patients died after a heart transplant, and examines the legal and moral issues this raises in the practice of modern medicine.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Gladstone, Francis (Producer)
- Chicago: “NOVA; Trial of Denton Cooley, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1A69C8149FA4606BA1E27ADB60F435F.
- MLA: “NOVA; Trial of Denton Cooley, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1A69C8149FA4606BA1E27ADB60F435F>.
- APA: NOVA; Trial of Denton Cooley, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F1A69C8149FA4606BA1E27ADB60F435F