Antiques Roadshow; Collectible Treasures
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Antiques Roadshow
- Collectible Treasures
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists from the country's great auction houses appraise all sorts of Americana in Southfield, Michigan. People came from all over the world to settle in Michigan, and in the objects viewers see glimpses of many cultural backgrounds. Host Chris Jussel tours Southfield—a relatively new and diverse town near Detroit, incorporated less than 40 years ago. At the Southfield Civic Center, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers are thrilled to find a magnificent example of Duncan Phyfe furniture and an important watercolor painting.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Collectible Treasures,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F162B8DCC3A74D33B6AF1D0F51251EDD.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Collectible Treasures.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F162B8DCC3A74D33B6AF1D0F51251EDD>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Collectible Treasures. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F162B8DCC3A74D33B6AF1D0F51251EDD