Advocates; Should large corporations be driven out of farming?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Howard Miller Advocate: William Rusher Witnesses: Jim Hightower Agribusiness Accountability Sen. Fred Harris D Oklahoma Russell Jackel Hog Farmer, Delavan Illinois Howard Marguleas Pres. Food Operations, Tenneco Willard Williams Ag. Economist, Texas Tech.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should large corporations be driven out of farming?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Howard Miller Advocate: William Rusher Witnesses: Jim Hightower – Agribusiness Accountability Sen. Fred Harris – D Oklahoma Russell Jackel – Hog Farmer, Delavan Illinois Howard Marguleas – Pres. Food Operations, Tenneco Willard Williams – Ag. Economist, Texas Tech. Produced by WGBH, bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Marguleas, Howard
- Rusher, William A., 1923-2011
- Miller, Howard E.
- Hightower, Jim, 1943-
- Jackel, Russell
- Harris, Fred R., 1930-
- Williams, Willard F. (Willard Forest), 1921-
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Hightower, Jim (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Miller, Howard (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Williams, Willard (Guest)
- Harris, Fred (Guest)
- Jackel, Russell (Guest)
- Marguleas, Howard (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should large corporations be driven out of farming?,” 03/28/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F14E495B24F64501834DBDEC80D52302.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should large corporations be driven out of farming?.” 03/28/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F14E495B24F64501834DBDEC80D52302>.
- APA: Advocates; Should large corporations be driven out of farming?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F14E495B24F64501834DBDEC80D52302