Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Trestle Table
uncaptioned final master WOOT 101
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Trestle Table
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0101 – Trestle Table/Artisan Lumber Episode 01 – Trestle Table
This week on Rough Cut, host Tommy MacDonald tackles a Trestle Table, perfect for any kitchen. To make the table, Tommy handpicks a piece of local New England black walnut from Artisan Lumber in Lunenberg, Massachusetts, where he catches up with specialty lumber expert Brian Brown to talk about cutting and drying the rough cut lumber. Back in his workshop, Tommy works with woodshop assistant Eli Cleveland to construct the table, demonstrating how to make mortise and tenon joints, spring joints for the table top and bread board ends to prevent the wood from warping.
Resources: Mortiser Hand Saw Dead Blow Mallet Chisel
Field Trip: Artisan Lumber, Lunenberg, MA
Questions and Answers: Dealing with Glue Squeeze-out
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Trestle Table,” 08/09/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 31, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0EA0B9A0215406DB6FA876B1CAEFCDC.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Trestle Table.” 08/09/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 31, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0EA0B9A0215406DB6FA876B1CAEFCDC>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Trestle Table. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0EA0B9A0215406DB6FA876B1CAEFCDC