Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa WGBH Master Show #3112
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
In 1987, Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa arrived in the U.S. as an illegal migrant farm worker Today, Dr. Quiñones is an Associate Professor of Neurosurgery and Oncology and Director of the Brain Tumor Surgery Program at Johns Hopkins University In addition to his medical contributions, Quiñones is recognized for his leadership in addressing inequities minorities face in medical education and healthcare.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 306
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa,” 04/28/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0CB4E0F932F49EF887A2D7E08B8464C.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa.” 04/28/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0CB4E0F932F49EF887A2D7E08B8464C>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0CB4E0F932F49EF887A2D7E08B8464C