Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Manhood of Edward Robinson
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Manhood of Edward Robinson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Romantic dreamer and aspiring stockbroker Edward Robinson is engaged to practical and prosaic Maud Lithinglow. When he wins five hundred pounds in a competition he secretly purchases his heart's delight, a white Riley sportscar.
At Christmas time he motors alone down to Brighton where he meets Lady Noreen Elliot, who is similarly engaged to an unadventurous partner.
For one glorious, heady evening Edward mixes it with the Bright Young People, becoming involved in the theft of a priceless diamond necklace and dancing at The Cafe de Paris with Lady Noreen.
In the course of one evening Edward becomes a man, instead of a mouse, and when morning arrives it is a different Edward who confronts Maud with his new car, expensive engagement ring and marriage plans.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Manhood of Edward Robinson,” 02/01/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0819F881F604E10B866CC15B8FA1C12.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Manhood of Edward Robinson.” 02/01/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0819F881F604E10B866CC15B8FA1C12>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie Stories, Series I: The Manhood of Edward Robinson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F0819F881F604E10B866CC15B8FA1C12