Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 115
EE Master- No Captions
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 115
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
There was nothing chintzy about the value of $6,000 to $8,000 placed on the set of Royal Winton Chintz dinnerware brought to the Charleston ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event in 2000. However, because the owner refused to break up the set, prospects for selling were slim — until the king of dinnerware made her an offer. If you think a "wet room" and a "dye room" are found at a beauty spa, you need to watch Colonial Williamsburg experts Linda Baumgarten and Loreen Finkelstein demonstrate how delicate textiles are restored, cleaned and conserved. Finally, a heartbreaking story involving a Houston art collector whose gift to his wife of a valuable painting by Mexican artist Rufino Tamayo was stolen from a storage facility. Years later, despite working with law enforcement authorities and posting a $10,000 reward, the collector's widow still has not recovered the painting.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 115,” 05/18/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F05B5F87A03B458B9D645460917CBA9B.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 115.” 05/18/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F05B5F87A03B458B9D645460917CBA9B>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 115. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F05B5F87A03B458B9D645460917CBA9B