Arthur; Is There a Doctor in the House?; Pick A Car, Any Car
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Is There a Doctor in the House?; Pick A Car, Any Car
- Program Number
706; 708; 99A, 99B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
708: Is There a Doctor in the House?: Arthur and D.W. face the ultimate challenge when Mom gets a bad cold and then ... (gulp!) ... gives it to Dad! What if Arthur has to take over Dad's catering business? And how will they raise Baby Kate all by themselves?
706: Pick a Car, Any Car: The Read family car is broken, and so is Arthur's heart. How can Mom and Dad even think of replacing it? "Car Talk" hosts Click and Clack the Tappet brothers (otherwise known as Tom and Ray Magliozzi) lend some much-needed advice as Arthur desperately tries to save the beloved vehicle.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Is There a Doctor in the House?; Pick A Car, Any Car,” 07/31/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F04FD8838B224C94A59DACDEF4049F93.
- MLA: “Arthur; Is There a Doctor in the House?; Pick A Car, Any Car.” 07/31/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F04FD8838B224C94A59DACDEF4049F93>.
- APA: Arthur; Is There a Doctor in the House?; Pick A Car, Any Car. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F04FD8838B224C94A59DACDEF4049F93