Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks for Schools and Libraries: Galway Kinnell
Part of New Television Workshop.
Original Footage , reel 2
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks for Schools and Libraries: Galway Kinnell
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
This is one of three tapes specifically designed for use in high schools. The finished tape consists of four poems, each briefly introduced by Kinnell. The poems are: “Wait” “Daybreak” “Prayer” “Saint Francis and the Sow”
Following these poems is a segment called “Since you asked...," in which Kinnell answers questions that students might typically ask a poet. The questions are: When did I start writing? When did I know I wanted to be a poet? Where do I get ideas? What do I write with? What is poetry anyway?
The source tapes include multiple takes of the poems and questions.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Poetry reading
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Kinnell, Galway, 1927- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks for Schools and Libraries: Galway Kinnell,” 09/20/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F024CB29616C492CA64571BDCBB47CF2.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks for Schools and Libraries: Galway Kinnell.” 09/20/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F024CB29616C492CA64571BDCBB47CF2>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks for Schools and Libraries: Galway Kinnell. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F024CB29616C492CA64571BDCBB47CF2