Ten O'Clock News; Edward King
Governor Edward King's first press conference in office. Lieutenant Governor Thomas O'Neill sits next to King throughout. King talks about the Cabinet meeting he just had about the administration's future plans. He takes questions from the press, mostly focused on the budget.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006
- O'Neill, Thomas P., 1944-
- Press conferences
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006 (Speaker)
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King,” 01/24/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EFF9E4D8AC0F44D3B53850C59BFF6DC1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King.” 01/24/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EFF9E4D8AC0F44D3B53850C59BFF6DC1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Edward King. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EFF9E4D8AC0F44D3B53850C59BFF6DC1