Evening at Pops; Wynton Marsalis
WYNTON SPECIAL SESSION
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Wynton Marsalis
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Trumpet virtuoso Wynton Marsalis teams up with renown jazz singer Sarah Vaughan for an evening of soulful music-making, along with John Williams and the Boston Pops Orchestra.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Wynton Marsalis,” 05/12/1984, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EF9490887EE4496B9D02AC0B028DC319.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Wynton Marsalis.” 05/12/1984. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EF9490887EE4496B9D02AC0B028DC319>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Wynton Marsalis. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EF9490887EE4496B9D02AC0B028DC319