Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking Veggies for Kids
Simply Ming Episode 902 Andrew Zimmern & Cooking Veggies for Kids
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Cooking Veggies for Kids
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
902: ANDREW ZIMMERN & COOKING VEGGIES FOR KIDS
DOES YOUR KID TURN UP HIS NOSE WHEN CERTAIN GREEN FOODS CROSS HIS SIGHT LINE? VEGETABLES CAN MAKE SOME KIDS TURN AND RUN FOR THE HILLS BEFORE THEY EVEN GIVE THEM A CHANCE. ON THIS EPISODE OF SIMPLY MING, MING JOINS FORCES WITH A MAN WHO SPECIALIZES IN CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH ICKY FOODS TO HELP MAKE “WEIRD” VEGETABLES MORE APPEALING TO KIDS. ANDREW ZIMMERN, MR. BIZZARE FOODS HIMSELF, JOINS MING TO COOK TWO NEW DISHES YOUR KIDS WILL DEVOUR.
RECIPES: ANDREW ZIMMERN'S MIXED VEGETABLE AND TOFU WITH MISO SABAYON TURKEY SPRING ROLLS WITH HOISON-LIME DIPPING SAUCE AND BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking Veggies for Kids,” 08/26/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EEBF3962A7FB446DB1E0DE8D2B4F436D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking Veggies for Kids.” 08/26/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EEBF3962A7FB446DB1E0DE8D2B4F436D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking Veggies for Kids. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EEBF3962A7FB446DB1E0DE8D2B4F436D