Group, The; role of the black church in the community, The
The Group on the Black Church and the Community, 1.15.96, Eugene Rivers, Ozzie Edwards, Robin Wood, Imani Newsome-McLaughlin, John Borders
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Group, The
- role of the black church in the community, The
- Series Description
Nightly public affairs roundtable featuring rotating group of Boston area residents discussing topics drawn from the news. Each program will open with a short produced piece introducing the topic, then join the discussion in progress. No host, panelists are drawn from group of 30-40 people from all walks of life in the Boston community.
SERIES PREMIERED NOV 1991; DISCONTINUED AS OF JAN 1996 Series release date: 11/1991
- Program Description
Panelists: Eugene Rivers, Azusa Christian Community; John M. Borders III, Morning Star Baptist Church; Imani Newsome-McLaughlin, Assistant dean, school of theology, Boston University; Robin R. Woods, Associate pastor, Columbus Avenue AME Zion Church; Ozzie Edwards, Minister, Eliot Congregational Church.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Local Communities
- Mayer, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Group, The; role of the black church in the community, The,” 01/15/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EE24AF0962004958932B800A4B15FEF8.
- MLA: “Group, The; role of the black church in the community, The.” 01/15/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EE24AF0962004958932B800A4B15FEF8>.
- APA: Group, The; role of the black church in the community, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EE24AF0962004958932B800A4B15FEF8