Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur and the True Francine
WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur and the True Francine
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur the Wrecker: Arthur always seems to wreck things, and this time it's Mom's computer--not a great position to be in when your mom is an accountant and it's the middle of tax season. Can he get it fixed before Mom finds out? Arthur the Wrecker is also a book, called "Arthur's Computer Trouble"--check it out! The basis of an Arthur picture book.
Arthur and the True Francine: Muffy A. Crosswire (that's MISS Crosswire to you) and Francine are absolute best friends, despite their rather obvious differences. (One of them is that Muffy gets chauffeured to school, while Francine has to ride her sister's old bike). It seems nothing can come between them, until Muffy cheats on a math test and lets Francine take the blame. Based on the book "The True Francine" by Marc Brown.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur and the True Francine,” 08/17/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDD48DDCBA56446FAB1FD2C4FBEB3145.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur and the True Francine.” 08/17/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDD48DDCBA56446FAB1FD2C4FBEB3145>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur the Wrecker; Arthur and the True Francine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDD48DDCBA56446FAB1FD2C4FBEB3145