Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mush if by Land, Mush Mush if by Sea
DTO (download-to-own) Master iTunes Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Mush if by Land, Mush Mush if by Sea
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 Ruff sat on his favorite Hawaiian hat and needs a new one! He can't afford to fly Rosario and Madi all the way to Hawaii -- he can only get them as far as Colorado. They'll need to find the Continental Divide and place a bottle containing his head measurements into a western-flowing river. While searching for his straw hat, Ruff discovers the hat he wore at his last job as a Colonial reenactor, inspiring him to send Willie and Nina on a race against time, following Paul Revere's famous ride through the streets of Boston and Minuteman National Park.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mush if by Land, Mush Mush if by Sea,” 05/30/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDAAEAFC1F4E40BFAFF4489D271EFD44.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mush if by Land, Mush Mush if by Sea.” 05/30/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDAAEAFC1F4E40BFAFF4489D271EFD44>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Mush if by Land, Mush Mush if by Sea. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EDAAEAFC1F4E40BFAFF4489D271EFD44