Ten O'Clock News; Charlestown High environs
Charlestown environs. Charlestown High School and Monument Square, Bartletts Street, Bunker Hill Street and St. Francis de Sales Church. Children ride bicycles in Monument Square. People are gathered in the park beside St. Francis de Sales Church. Shot from the park of the port. Racist, white supremacist and antibusing graffiti is visible on buildings on Medford and Main Streets. Shots of Medford and Main Streets. Pedestrians walking along streets. Children play at a playground. Audio goes in and out.
- Ten O'Clock News
Charlestown High environs
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Hate crimes
- Race relations
- School buildings
- Busing for school integration
- Charlestown (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Charlestown High environs,” 08/18/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED8F6960074A4E2D8FA0554923943D43.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Charlestown High environs.” 08/18/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED8F6960074A4E2D8FA0554923943D43>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Charlestown High environs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED8F6960074A4E2D8FA0554923943D43