Ten O'Clock News; Grove Hall revitalization
Marcus Jones reports that state and local officials have come through with funding for a multi-million dollar program to revitalize Grove Hall, which is Roxbury's business district. The area has experienced hard times since the late 1960s. Press conference to announce the revitalization program. City Councilor Charles Yancey and Mayor Ray Flynn talk about the program to revitalize the district. Jones walks through district while conducting an interview with Walter Little, the Executive Director of the Neighborhood Development Association of Grove Hall. Little talks about the revitalization program and the development of the area. Little notes that there is a high concentration of subsidized housing in the area. Little talks about the history of the area, noting that the district once had a large Jewish population. Jones notes that the revitalization program will benefit current and future residents of the area. Following the edited is additional footage from the press conference and Jones' interview with Little while walking through the Grove Hall District.
- Ten O'Clock News
Grove Hall revitalization
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- African American neighborhoods
- Yancey, Charles C.
- Flynn, Raymond L.
- City planning
- Roxbury (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Flynn, Raymond L. (Speaker)
- Yancey, Charles C. (Speaker)
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Grove Hall revitalization,” 09/20/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED733F40F20B46E89AB565E7B5F9CEF9.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Grove Hall revitalization.” 09/20/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED733F40F20B46E89AB565E7B5F9CEF9>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Grove Hall revitalization. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED733F40F20B46E89AB565E7B5F9CEF9