Ten O'Clock News; Walcott and Heaney, Part 2
Second half of interview with St. Lucian poet Derek Walcott and Irish poet Seamus Heaney about the poetry of American poet Robert Penn Warren. Heaney reads Penn Warren's poem, "Tell Me a Story." Walcott talks about his friendship with Penn Warren's daughter Rosanna Phelps Warren, who is also a poet, and his personal impressions of Robert Penn Warren. Walcott reads a draft of his own poem "On the Indian Trail," which he wrote about them. Walcott and Heaney joke around while shooting cutaways. Shots of Lydon (no audio) for cutaways.
- Ten O'Clock News
Walcott and Heaney, Part 2
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Walcott, Derek
- Heaney, Seamus, 1939-
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989
- News Report
- Heaney, Seamus, 1939- (Interviewee)
- Walcott, Derek (Interviewee)
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Walcott and Heaney, Part 2,” 02/28/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED24832903A74CEE852036E1D883E5EB.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Walcott and Heaney, Part 2.” 02/28/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED24832903A74CEE852036E1D883E5EB>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Walcott and Heaney, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ED24832903A74CEE852036E1D883E5EB