Simply Ming; Hot Water Dough/ Shallots
Hot Water Dough and Shallots with Iris Tsai Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Hot Water Dough/ Shallots
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chefs: Iris Tsai
The simplicity of hot water dough combined with the French ingredient, shallots, makes a delicious combination of East-West flavors for this week’s SIMPLY MING dishes. Chef Ming Tsai whips up Shallot Pancakes, his version of the Chinese classic scallion pancakes. For an all-in-one dish, Ming prepares a Bacon Cheeseburger and Shallot Bing that’s hard to resist! Putting a spin on one of his favorite childhood foods, Ming uses the East-West flavors to create another all-in-one meal, Shiitake and Shallot Bing. Very special guest chef (and Ming’s Mom!) Iris Tsai visits the studio kitchen to make her tasty Pork Stir-Fried Bing.
Iris Tsai's Chow Bing
Shiitake and Shallot Bing
Bacon Cheeseburger and Shallot Bing
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Hot Water Dough/ Shallots,” 05/31/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECF7E7198A5D4812994C5FD0FFC4F11A.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Hot Water Dough/ Shallots.” 05/31/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECF7E7198A5D4812994C5FD0FFC4F11A>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Hot Water Dough/ Shallots. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECF7E7198A5D4812994C5FD0FFC4F11A