Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Cyrus Cassells
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks II, Cyrus Cassells
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Cyrus Cassells introduces and reads his poems at the Jonathan Corwin House in Salem, Massachusetts (known locally as The Salem Witch House). The following poems were edited for broadcast and distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “The Women” “The Magic Cat Bone” “The Child You Call Eyor” “Landscape With Traveler” “The Request” “The Dreams” “Fleur”
The source tapes also include: “The Mud Actor”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Cassells, Cyrus ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Cyrus Cassells,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECC8A8D0555B4C5E80878EBDB28E15D9.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Cyrus Cassells.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECC8A8D0555B4C5E80878EBDB28E15D9>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Cyrus Cassells. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECC8A8D0555B4C5E80878EBDB28E15D9