Ten O'Clock News; Derek Walcott
Derek Walcott, Saint Lucian poet, reads from his work. Walcott reads the poems "Sea Change" and "The Beachhead." Walcott begins to read the poem "Sea Cranes."
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Walcott, Derek
- News Report
- Walcott, Derek (Speaker)
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Derek Walcott,” 05/20/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECBA2CF4F01246D790229C7E1631AE1E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Derek Walcott.” 05/20/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECBA2CF4F01246D790229C7E1631AE1E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Derek Walcott. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECBA2CF4F01246D790229C7E1631AE1E