Simply Ming; Sushi Rice and White Wine
Sushi Rice and White Wine with Lauren Tourondel 26:00 Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Sushi Rice and White Wine
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Laurent Tourondel
Sushi rice is paired with white wine in four all-in-one East-West recipes for this week’s serving of SIMPLY MING. Chef Ming Tsai makes Shiitake Sushi Rice Risotto, a dish that can work as a hearty appetizer or entree. Then, Ming makes Lemongrass Mussel Paella, a meal inspired by the classic national dish of Spain. Later, Ming demonstrates another variation of the East-West pair with a Turkey Sausage Pilaf. Guest chef Laurent Tourondel, of BLT Restaurants, visits the studio kitchen and uses the East-West duo to make Curry Short Rib, “Indian-style.”
Recipes: Shiitake Sushi Rice Risotto
Lemongrass Mussel Paella
Turkey Sausage Pilaf
Curry Short Rib “Indian Style”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Sushi Rice and White Wine,” 03/21/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECB94D58A9B649CBBF3FF4B08E20D47F.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Sushi Rice and White Wine.” 03/21/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECB94D58A9B649CBBF3FF4B08E20D47F>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Sushi Rice and White Wine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECB94D58A9B649CBBF3FF4B08E20D47F