Evening at Pops; Bonnie And John Raitt, Mark O'Connor
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Bonnie And John Raitt, Mark O'Connor
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Conductor John Williams and the Boston Pops Orchestra welcome John Raitt and his Grammy Award-winning daughter, Bonnie Raitt, for their first joint television appearance. In this "Evening at Pops" season-opener, John and Bonnie sing intergenerational duets on "Hey There" from Pajama Game and "I'm Blowing Away" and "They Say It's Wonderful" from Annie Get Your Gun. Father and daughter also go solo, with John performing "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" from Oklahoma and selections from Carousel; and Bonnie rocking Symphony Hall with her own band. Rounding out this program of great American music is Nashville superstar Mark O'Connor, fiddling his way through traditional, country and Broadway classics.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Bonnie And John Raitt, Mark O'Connor,” 06/03/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECAB38B65B9A4512AA17C229552841C1.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Bonnie And John Raitt, Mark O'Connor.” 06/03/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECAB38B65B9A4512AA17C229552841C1>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Bonnie And John Raitt, Mark O'Connor. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ECAB38B65B9A4512AA17C229552841C1