Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Drop-Leaf Table
Caption Master Drop-leaf table with Chuck Bender and a road trip the MFA with guest Ellior Bostwick Davis
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Drop-Leaf Table
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Drop-Leaf Table – Episode 05
The Drop-Leaf Table featured on this episode of Rough Cut has a lot of bang for the buck. Not only is the shaker-type style beautiful to look at, but the finger joints are fun to learn how to make. To get inspiration for this project, Tommy takes a Road Trip to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to see drop-leaf and gate-leg tables from centuries past. Back in the shop, Tommy is joined by Chuck Bender of The Acanthus Workshop in Pennsylvania.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Marking Gauge Drill Press Marking Knife Hand Plane Bench Chisel Clamps
Field Trip: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Drop-Leaf Table,” 09/13/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC57FC5B32BF43428C45F2B1340A9CC1.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Drop-Leaf Table.” 09/13/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC57FC5B32BF43428C45F2B1340A9CC1>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Drop-Leaf Table. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC57FC5B32BF43428C45F2B1340A9CC1