Jean Shepherd's America; When There's No Place to Go But Up
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Jean Shepherd's America
- When There's No Place to Go But Up
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
The future of America may be up in the air. And crack aviator Jean Shepherd is just the man to tell us all about it. The Shepherd’s-eye view of flying starts off with a quick lesson from some real experts in the field-- kites and birds. Then it’s off to the annual Convention of Home-made Aircraft. Jean is a licensed pilot himself, but before he concludes this show with a spin in his own yankee trainer, he warms us up with a great flying story from out of the past.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; When There's No Place to Go But Up,” 09/14/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC1402F2C8614B51A9ADECB45D68BB6B.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; When There's No Place to Go But Up.” 09/14/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC1402F2C8614B51A9ADECB45D68BB6B>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; When There's No Place to Go But Up. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC1402F2C8614B51A9ADECB45D68BB6B