Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: A Rose By Any Other Name
A Rose By Any Other Name
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: A Rose By Any Other Name
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, except that the rose in question is Lester Rose (Ronald Pickup), a middle-aged photographer who specializes in glamour shots of wealthy women of "a certain age." The children of well-to-do widow Gillian Snape (Janet Hargreaves), Lester's fiance, worry that he also specializes in marrying for money; they hire Hetty to investigate Rose's past. Hetty and Geoffrey quickly develop an unflattering portrait of Rose as a gambler, a gigolo and a man of ever-shifting identities. Should they stop the wedding? While surprising facts revealed by two women from his past -- and Hetty's undercover visit to his studio -- expose a slightly less thorny side to the man, Geoffrey digs up one last important clue.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: A Rose By Any Other Name,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB2EB15B24F1405E8E6712549F28E9C0.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: A Rose By Any Other Name.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB2EB15B24F1405E8E6712549F28E9C0>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: A Rose By Any Other Name. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB2EB15B24F1405E8E6712549F28E9C0