Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Latin Americans Look At Cuba
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- Latin Americans Look At Cuba
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: Adlai E. Stevenson, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, who introduces the program in a special ten-minute sequence with Mrs. Roosevelt. Roberto Campos, Brazilian Ambassador to the United States; Theodore Draper, specialist in international communism and author of Castro's Cuba and Cuba and U.S. Policy; Ted Szulc, Latin American correspondent for the New York Times.
Mrs. Roosevelt and her guests will discuss the possibility of a censure of Cuba at the forthcoming meeting of the Organization of American States and the reasons why a number of Latin American countries are reluctant to take such a step. They will analyze Castro's Cuba as a staging area for propaganda and military intervention in other Latin American countries, and the Kennedy Alliance for Progress as a counter measure to the Cuban Youth.
Opening segment with Adlai Stevenson Special was recorded at the United Nations in New York City.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Latin Americans Look At Cuba,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB07358E31914D8E982030E36B3EF3E2.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Latin Americans Look At Cuba.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB07358E31914D8E982030E36B3EF3E2>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Latin Americans Look At Cuba. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EB07358E31914D8E982030E36B3EF3E2