Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Junot Diaz
Caption Master 7/9/10 La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Junot Diaz TRT: 26:46 TC: SD 29.97 DF Anamorphic, CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Junot Diaz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Dominican-born novelist Junot Díaz is considered one of the most distinctive voices in contemporary fiction. Díaz is the author of the national bestseller Drown and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize. He is the fiction editor at the Boston Review and the Rudge (1948) and Nancy Allen professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Díaz talks with María Hinojosa about his immigrant experience, race and class in America, and how he deals with his writer's block.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Junot Diaz,” 07/09/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EABD004A998B4A5093C3F8905128B699.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Junot Diaz.” 07/09/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EABD004A998B4A5093C3F8905128B699>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Junot Diaz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EABD004A998B4A5093C3F8905128B699