Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with John Besh
Simply Ming Ep 1015 San Antonio: John Besh SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in San Antonio with John Besh
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Ming heads to the Lone Star State on today’s episode of Simply Ming. Joining him is his long time friend Chef John Besh. At Chef Besh’s critically acclaimed San Antonio restaurant – Luke. Ming and John will get inspired by fresh ingredients just picked from an area farm and will use them to create two delicious dishes, on the fly, that reflect the spirit and spiciness of San Antonio.
Recipes John Besh's Country Fried Quail with Persimmon-Curry Chutney Ming's Pan Roasted Chicken with Black-Eyed Pea Risotto
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with John Besh,” 11/27/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA9F7168FB5848DE97B8B2F4D96F8F81.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with John Besh.” 11/27/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA9F7168FB5848DE97B8B2F4D96F8F81>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio with John Besh. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA9F7168FB5848DE97B8B2F4D96F8F81