Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The Freshest Of Fish
Todd English travels to Japan and learns about sushi. SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Japan: The Freshest Of Fish
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 TODD ENGLISH TAKES VIEWERS ON AN EXPLORATION OF TOKYO AND ITS FAMOUS SUSHI DELICACIES. TRACING SUSHI’S HISTORY AS FRESH, RAW FISH COMBINED WITH SWEET, VINEGARD RICE, TODD GOES BEHIND-THE-SCENS OF TOKYO’S FISH MARKET. JOIN TODD AS HE VISITS SOME OF THE FINEST SUSHI RESTAURANTS IN THE WORLD; TOKYO’S KITCHEN DIISTRICT TO ADMIRE THE PRECISION OF SUSHI KNIVES, AND THE SUSHI ACADEMY FOR A GLIMPSE OF THE RIGOROUS REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SUSHI CHEF. THEN IT’S BACK TO OLIVES, HIS RESTAURANT IN CHARLESTOWN, MA, TO SEE HOW TODD WILL APPLY THESE NEW FLAVORS AND TECHNIQUES IN HIS OWN KITCHEN.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The Freshest Of Fish,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA70D33485594236B7EF744CE972828E.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The Freshest Of Fish.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA70D33485594236B7EF744CE972828E>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Japan: The Freshest Of Fish. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA70D33485594236B7EF744CE972828E