Degrassi Talks; Abuse
Playing With Time Inc. Non-Commercial Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Degrassi Talks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1992. After the "School's Out" film some of the Degrassi actors took part in an educational documentary named Degrassi Talks. There are six talks, each devoted to a specific subject and hosted by one of the actors. The topics include Abuse, Alcohol, Depression, Drugs, Sex, and Sexuality. Each episode is hosted by an actor. AmandaStepto hosts the Sex talk, Neil Hope discusses Alcohol, Rebecca Haines discusses Abuse, Pat Mastroianni hosts the Depression talk, Siluck Saysanasay hosts the drugs talk, and Stacie Mistysyn hosts the sexuality talk. Series release date: 1992
- Program Description
Rebecca Haines was the host for the Degrassi Talks ... On Abuse TV show. She knows what it feels like to be the victim of abuse. For the show Rebecca interviewed Debi who was the victim of a date rape. Afterwards, Rebecca revealed, for the first time, that she too was the victim of a date rape.
Rebecca played the character Kathleen for five seasons in the Degrassi TV series.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Playing For Time Inc. (Series Producer)
- CBC Television (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Degrassi Talks; Abuse,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA5557562F1D49D7AFE2D516202BFE7E.
- MLA: “Degrassi Talks; Abuse.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA5557562F1D49D7AFE2D516202BFE7E>.
- APA: Degrassi Talks; Abuse. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA5557562F1D49D7AFE2D516202BFE7E