Curious George; Zeros To Donuts; Curious George: Stain Remover
Case and Tape Labeled Curious George: Episode 2
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Curious George
- Zeros To Donuts; Curious George: Stain Remover
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premieres September 4, 2006 CURIOUS GEORGE is an animated series based on the popular books by Margret and H.A. Rey and airs daily on PBS Kids. Aimed at pre-school viewers (ages three to five), the goal of the series is to inspire children to explore science, engineering, and math in the world around them. And what better guide is there for this kind of exploration than the world's most curious monkey?
While remaining true to the look and feel of the beloved books, the daily series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and locales. Each episode features two animated stories followed by short live-action segments in which real kids investigate the ideas that George introduces in the stories. The series is narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy.
CURIOUS GEORGE is a production of Imagine Entertainment, WGBH Boston and Universal Studios Family Productions. Series release date: 9/4/2006
- Program Description
SEE ALSO INDIVIDUAL PROGRAM TITLES FOR ADDITIONAL ASSETS. EPISODE 3: BROADCAST 2006- 2007
ZEROS TO DONUTS WHEN GEORGE LEARNS ABOUT THE MEANING AND POWER OF ZERO, HE IS READY TO TEST OUT HIS KNOWLEDGE. THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY ARISES WHEN HE'S SENT TO THE DONUT SHOP FOR ONE DOZEN DONUTS. BUT WHEN HE ADDS A COUPLE OF ZEROS, HE'S SURPRISED TO FIND OUT HE GETS ONE HUNDRED DOZEN. NOW HE HAS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THOSE EXTRA DONUTS BEFORE THE MAN WITH THE YELLOW HAT NOTICES.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (MATH): TO INTRODUCE THE IMPORTANCE OF ZERO AND THE RELATIVE MAGNITUDE OF NUMBERS WITH A ZERO.
LIVE ACTION SEGMENT (100'S DAY) IT'S 100'S DAY, AND EACH KID BRINGS IN 100 OF SOMETHING. WHAT DOES 100 SOUND LIKE? WHAT DOES 100 FEEL LIKE? WHO CAN JUMP ROPE 100 TIMES?
CURIOUS GEORGE, STAIN REMOVER GEORGE SPILLS GRAPE JUICE ON THE NEW RUG AND NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO CLEAN IT UP BEFORE THE MAN WITH THE YELLOW HAT RETURNS! TOO MUCH SOAP AND TOO MUCH WATER MAKE MATTERS WORSE. WITH THE HELP OF THE BARNYARD ANIMALS (AND SOME SIMPLE ENGINEERING), GEORGE USES THE RENKINS' WATER PUMP TO CLEAN UP THE MESS.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (ENGINEERING): TO DEMONSTRATE HOW TO MOVE HEAVY OBJECTS USING SIMPLE ENGINEERING.
LIVE ACTION SEGMENT (HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPS) USING SOME ROPE, STICKS, AND OTHER THINGS, KIDS ARE CHALLENGED TO MOVE A HEAVY WATER BARREL. CAN THEY DO IT? AND IF SO, HOW FAR?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Curious George; Zeros To Donuts; Curious George: Stain Remover,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E9BC744ECDBE4EFF929F5A059C29AA74.
- MLA: “Curious George; Zeros To Donuts; Curious George: Stain Remover.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E9BC744ECDBE4EFF929F5A059C29AA74>.
- APA: Curious George; Zeros To Donuts; Curious George: Stain Remover. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E9BC744ECDBE4EFF929F5A059C29AA74