Peep And The Big Wide World; Feats Of Peep, The; Quack Goes Nuts
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Feats Of Peep, The; Quack Goes Nuts
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 48 45A THE FEATS OF PEEP WRITTEN BY: PETER K. HIRSCH PEEP IS ONE MIGHTY CHICK, CAPABLE OF PULLING HUGE LOADS WITH A TINY PIECE OF STRING. (EITHER THAT, OR QUACK AND CHIRP ARE SEEING THINGS.) SCIENCE: WEIGHT INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS USE HELIUM-FILLED BALLOONS TO LIFT STUFF. THEY FIND THAT LIGHTER THINGS ARE EASIER TO LIFT, BUT YOU CAN’T ALWAYS TELL HOW HEAVY SOMETHING IS JUST BY LOOKING. “TRY LIFTING DIFFERENT THINGS WITH BALLOONS.”
47A QUACK GOES NUTS WRITTEN BY: PETER K. HIRSCH THE SQUIRREL CAN’T GET TO HIS ACORNS! ISN’T THERE SOMEONE WHO CAN SAVE HIM FROM A LONG, COLD, HUNGRY WINTER? SCIENCE: MEASURING (ESTIMATING) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ESTIMATE HOW MANY ACORNS THEY CAN HOLD IN THEIR HAND AND HOW MANY ACORNS TALL THEY ARE. THEN THEY CHECK TO SEE HOW CLOSE THEY WERE TO THE RIGHT ANSWER. “TRY ESTIMATING AND SEE HOW CLOSE YOU CAN GET.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Feats Of Peep, The; Quack Goes Nuts,” 03/15/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E94A21FC88004E0AAC04DFC5481117BC.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Feats Of Peep, The; Quack Goes Nuts.” 03/15/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E94A21FC88004E0AAC04DFC5481117BC>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Feats Of Peep, The; Quack Goes Nuts. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E94A21FC88004E0AAC04DFC5481117BC