Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Desserts
Simply Ming Singapore - Janice Wong Desserts
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Desserts
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
919: JANICE WONG & DESSERTS Locations: Oh Farms and 2am dessert Bar, Singapore
Dessert before dinner? Absolutely! It’s all the rage at Singapore's 2am Dessert Bar. On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming and Chef Janice Wong, travel to the outskirts of the city to find inspiration at Oh Farms. With a bag-full of delicious edible flowers and greens, they head back to 2am Dessert Bar where they each whip up a delicious dessert that is not only a feast for the stomach but also the eyes.
Recipes: Janice Wong's The Garden Pineapple-Basil Champagne Granita
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Desserts,” 12/28/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E90C040F29654B92AE531D90E46B002B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Desserts.” 12/28/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E90C040F29654B92AE531D90E46B002B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Desserts. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E90C040F29654B92AE531D90E46B002B