Arthur; Arthur and the Crunch Cereal; D.W. Flips
WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur and the Crunch Cereal; D.W. Flips
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest: A year's supply of Crunch Cereal is in store for the person who can write the new Crunch Cereal jingle. Arthur is sure he can do it, but when it comes to writing the song, something seems to be lacking--a melody, to be exact. The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
D.W. Flips: How hard can it be to do a cartwheel on a balance beam? And what choice does D.W. have when her honor is at stake? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur and the Crunch Cereal; D.W. Flips,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8341051383F4CF9ABA227DBE8365F58.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur and the Crunch Cereal; D.W. Flips.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8341051383F4CF9ABA227DBE8365F58>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur and the Crunch Cereal; D.W. Flips. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8341051383F4CF9ABA227DBE8365F58