Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High; South Boston High School
Empty classroom at South Boston High School. Mr. Healey's science class, mostly black students, sparsely attended. Geology principles written on blackboard and other science posters on classroom walls. Boy writes in spiral notebook. Students in the hallway. Boys in mechanical shop class. Black and white boys play basketball in gym. Black teacher works with black student on vocabulary lesson. Students do class work at desks.
- Ten O'Clock News
- South Boston High
South Boston High School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School buildings
- Race relations
- African American students
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bullard, Pam (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High; South Boston High School,” 06/08/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E82A852DC9714EA2BDE3FC201E550B12.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High; South Boston High School.” 06/08/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E82A852DC9714EA2BDE3FC201E550B12>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High; South Boston High School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E82A852DC9714EA2BDE3FC201E550B12