American Experience; Nixon; Kissinger departs Saigon
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Kissinger departs Saigon just prior to "Peace is at hand" _-_ 1) Henry Kissinger out of limo, waves to reports, lots of smiles. _-_ 2) Henry Kissinger walking on airfield, hand shaking, over to reporters. Waves and onto plane. Plane taxis - seen against beautiful sky, clouds in background, US flag on tail. Good shot. _-_ 3) Car drives up. More smiles and hand shakes on field. Crowd includes Bunker, William Sullivan. Kissinger talks with Vietnamese official at some length. Hugs round waist. Feeling that something good is happening. Henry Kissinger laughing, to plane. More plane and sky.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Kissinger departs Saigon
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bunker, Ellsworth, 1894-
- Kissinger, Henry, 1923-
- Sullivan, William H. (William Healy), 1922-
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Saigon, South Vietnam
- Kissinger, Henry, 1923- ()
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Kissinger departs Saigon,” 10/23/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8080424F8994FB48FB926E75DEBAB34.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Kissinger departs Saigon.” 10/23/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8080424F8994FB48FB926E75DEBAB34>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Kissinger departs Saigon. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E8080424F8994FB48FB926E75DEBAB34